My experience in learning medicine in CBBLE

Greetings to all!!

This is Sneha of 8th semester and I want to share my experience of learning medicine in an integrated way since my 3rd semester in making me a better doctor. As we are a batch of CBME curriculum we should have a lot of patient exposure but due to COVID PANDEMIC and lock down we had online classes which introduced us to the blog session. Let's go into my journey of approach into the case and it's diagnosis with appropriate treatment.


CBBLE ( Case based blended learning ecosystem) PAJR PARTICIPATORY LEARNING ACTION RESEARCH DISCLAIMER


NOTE: THIS IS AN ONLINE E LOGBOOK TO DISCUSS OUR PATIENT'S DE-IDENTIFIED HEALTH DATA SHARED AFTER TAKING HIS/HER GUARDIAN'S SIGNED INFORMED CONSENT. HERE WE DISCUSS OUR INDIVIDUAL PATIENT'S PROBLEMS THROUGH A SERIES OF INPUTS FROM THE AVAILABLE GLOBAL ONLINE COMMUNITY OF EXPERTS INTENDING TO SOLVE THOSE CLINICAL PROBLEMS WITH COLLECTIVE CURRENT BEST EVIDENCE-BASED INPUT.  


https://madamsneha74.blogspot.com/2021/08/a-case-of-hyponatremia.html

This is the case taken in my initial phase of 3rd semester.I was very excited and with the help of my seniors and professors I was able to take the history in a very detailed manner. As we were in online sessions our seniors helped us in contacting the patients with the help of attenders. This was a rare and new experience of talking to the patient in the phone. 

This is the case of a 62 year old female who is presented with vomitings, loose stools. This helped me in the understanding the clinical physiology of loss of electrolytes in a case of dehydration. As I was just passed out from physiology it was exiting to learn the course of progression.


https://madamsneha74.blogspot.com/2022/08/acute-gastritis-with-dka.html

Series of events -




This is a case of 50 year old female with severe Vomitings, severe menstrual bleeding, loss of weight. This was a typical case of integrated learning between General Medicine and OBG.

When I went to see this lady she was soo lean and tired of her disease. She and her attenders were very anxious to know the cause as she cannot tolerate the episodes of vomiting and bleeding.

She was severely anaemic due to her menstrual episodes. While I was taking the history they became very emotional. As I am also a female it made me feel the pain which she was going through that too since 2 years.

But due to the advanced technology and diagnostic skills of Ultrasonograghy we got to the diagnosis of acute gastritis and adenomyosis of the uterus. Then she was given medication for gastritis and refered to OBG for further treatment. This was a great feeling of seeing the recovery of her.


https://madamsneha74.blogspot.com/2023/06/a-67-year-old-male-barber-came-with.html

This is one of my recent case taken in the AMC cubical. After my long vacation in the summer,I came back to my routine of college. The first postings we had were of GM and I was very excited as it was my 8 th semester, I had only 1 year for my internship. 

I went to the patient for taking the history and I was told that the history was taken just now. I couldn't understand who took the case as our batch went to the posting by 10:15pm . Then there were few juniors of 3 rd sem who took the case. So I went to them to know the brief history as all the patients cannot tell the history many times. After interaction with the juniors I got to know the incompleteness of history taken. This remembered me my initial days of clinicals where I was also hyperexcited like them to take the case. I also noticed my growth in learning the clinical history and examination of patient from 3rd to 8th semester.

Then again I went to the patient and the juniors followed me so that they wanted to know where they lacked in history. I convinced the patient and attenders to tell the history and examination of respiratory system was done by me in detail.



As the patients son came I could know the history , previous illness in detail. The introduction of PaJR group helped me to coordinate with my seniors,PG's and HOD sir.

The patient was diagnosed as hydronephrosis before .It was the first time for me to see the USG of the case hydronephrosis and stenting.


PaJR groups :

These were introduced in my 3rd year but I couldn't understand the importance of it. One day of my presentation our HOD sir asked me regarding the PaJR group of that patient. I literally couldn't understand regarding what sir was talking. Then when I asked Sir, he informed me regarding this.

I got to know in detail regarding this from PG mam.Then I joined the group and the approach was very innovative. Even a minute doubt of me and the patient were clarified with the specific articles as evidence. Even after the discharge of patient they are being followed up by their daily routine,input ,outputs etc. PaJR volunteers are being taken and the process is handled smoothly.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A 55 year old female resident of Suryapet , Homemaker came to OPD with Chief complaints of Left sided nasal blockage since 3 months, Left sided nasal discharge since one month

Gen Medicine Case Study

A CASE OF 34 YEAR OLD MALE WITH CHEST TIGHTNESS AND SOB SINCE 4 DAYS